Covid-19 Guidelines and Safety
MTBX’s goal is to keep each rider safe and healthy on the trails and throughout their experience. We follow the most current Covid-19 guidelines and safety protocols recommendations for Santa Clara and San Mateo California counties, to ensure a safe experience for all riders. We understand that is a parent’s personal decision to enroll their child(ren) to ride with MTBX and we pride ourselves on a highest standard of safety and trail supervision for our riders at all times.
Activity Release of Liability and Medical Consent
- When booking any of our sessions please fill out and bring to the event a signed Activity Release of Liability and Medical Consent Form (waiver).
MTBX Safety And First Aid Training
- The transportation vehicle used is supplied with first aid kit and the Instructor/Coach also carries first aid supplies on each ride.
- All riders must be covered by their medical insurance in order to participate any MTBX programs.
- Should there be any accident or injury on the trail to a rider, the rider will be given emergency first aid as required and the parents will be notified.
- The Instructor is trained and certified in CPR, First Aid and Wilderness First Aid.
- The instructor also holds a California commercial driver’s license.
COVID Masks and Social Distancing Policy
- We follow the current local government guidelines for Santa Clara and San Mateo county regarding COVID-19.
- Riders must carry a mask and will be asked to wear a mask or cloth face covering during transportation.
- All riders will required to be healthy, fever free in the last 24 hours and have no sign of any infection to participate in any rides.
- All riders will have a daily temperature check at arrival.
- If a rider has a temperature, a fever, weakness, joint pain or any signs of flu symptoms, they will not be allowed to ride on that day. If the ride is for a private or semi-private ride, it will be rescheduled with the Instructor/Coach, based on availability.
- Masks will be used during transportation by all riders and staff.
- Social Distancing will be enacted as much as possible on the trails.
- We provide MTBX transportation to the trail location for each rider as part of the fee.
- Hand sanitizer is available in the vehicle and on the trails.
- Transportation vehicles for riders are cleaned and disinfected regularly.
- Masks are not required when riding outside on the trails, but may be worn at the rider’s personal option.
- Mountain biking by its nature is a “social distancing” sport. Adequate space will be maintained whenever possible on the trails to maintain social distancing.
Trails Selected For Rides and Air Quality
- The biking trails for all rides are selected for each session based on the prerogative of the Instructor.
- Trails are selected based the skills of the riding group and the available access to a specific trail on the day of the session.
- Due to recent Bay Area fires in the fall of 2020, the Air Quality Index (AQI) is considered for all rides.
- If needed, rides are cancelled and rebooked if the AQI is out of the safety range.
- The biking trails and/or pump tracks that will be utilized are typically between a 30 to 50 minutes drive from the pick up and central locations in the Palo Alto areas.
- Pick up and drop off for the various activities and camps are as stated for the activity.