Covid-19 Guidelines and Safety Guidelines
MTBX’s goals is to keep each rider safe and healthy on the trails and throughout their riding experience. We follow the most current Covid-19 guidelines and safety protocol recommendations for Santa Clara, Santa Cruz and San Mateo California counties, to ensure a safe experience for all riders. We understand that is a parent’s personal decision to enroll their child(ren) to ride with MTBX and we pride ourselves on a highest standard of safety and trail supervision for our riders at all times.
Activity Release of Liability and Medical Consent
- When booking any of our sessions please fill out and bring to the event a signed Activity Release of Liability and Medical Consent Form (waiver).
MTBX Safety And First Aid Training
- The transportation vehicle used is supplied with first aid kit and the Director/Coach also carries first aid supplies on each ride.
- All riders must be covered by their medical insurance in order to participate any MTBX programs.
- Should there be any accident or injury on the trail to a rider, the rider will be given emergency first aid as required and the parents will be notified.
- The Director and staff are trained and certified in CPR, First Aid and/or Wilderness First Aid.
- The Director also holds a California commercial driver’s license.
- The biking trails and/or pump tracks that will be utilized are typically between a 30 to 50 minutes drive from the pick up a location in the Palo Alto area.
- We follow the current local government guidelines for Santa Clara, San Mateo and Santa Clara counties with regard to COVID-19 policies.
- We do NOT disclose the private medical information of the Director, staff or any riders.
- All riders must be healthy, fever free in the last 24 hours and have no sign of any infection to participate in rides.
- If a rider has a temperature, a fever, weakness, joint pain or any signs of flu symptoms, they will not be allowed to ride on that day.
- If the ride is for a private or semi-private ride, it will be rescheduled with the Director or staff based on availability.
- Hand sanitizer is available in the vehicle.
- Transportation vehicles are cleaned regularly.
Trails Selected For Rides and Air Quality
- The biking trails for all rides are selected for each session based on the prerogative of the Director or staff.
- Trails are selected based the skills of the riding group and the available access to a specific trail on the day of the session.
- In case of local fires or fires impacting air quality on the trails, the Air Quality Index (AQI) is considered for all rides.
- If needed, rides are cancelled and rebooked if the AQI is out of the safety range.