MTBX Mountain Biking Racing Team
MTBX is excited to announce the formation of our new mountain biking Racing Team! Participation in the team is by invitation only, and for riders age 11 to 15 with advanced trail skills and experience who are accepted for the team by the MTBX Director.
About The MTBX Race Team
- All team Participants must commit to a participation plan for the full Fall season (September and October) and then again for the new full Spring season (March and April .)
- Race Team Season: Team practices begin in September and go through the end of October.
- Race Team Fees: Enrollment fees are paid in advance, for the entire fall or spring season.
- Participants must enroll and commit to team practices for either for 2 or 3 sessions per week.
- Contact us for information on Race Team fees and criteria for participation.
- Weekly Practices: MTBX Race Team practices are held weekly on Monday, Wednesday and Sunday weekly during the season.
- Practice Times: Weekly practice times are from 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm on Mondays and Wednesdays, and from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm on Sundays. Practices are held at various challenging trail locations in San Mateo and Santa Clara county.
- Drop Off/Pick Up: Parent drop off and pick up is at Mitchell Park, Palo Alto for each practice.
- Race Fees: Race fees for the full event including race entry fees, team jersey, overnight supervision with camping and food are and additional cost per rider. Contact us for more information.
- Race Dates: Races include one in the fall and one in the spring. Race costs are an additional fee to the enrollment for the team practices.
- Fall Race 2021: “Sea Otter Race” near Monterey, CA on October 7 and 8 (Thursday &Friday). Race is by invitation only.
- Fall Race 2021: “Deep Cee Downhill” in Belmont, CA on October 17. Race is by invitation only.
- Spring Race 2022: “Exchequer Race” in La Grange, CA in April 2 – 3 2022. Race is by invitation only.
Please fill out this Race Team Survey if you are interested to join our MTBX Racing Team!
MTBX Race Team At the Exchequer Mountain Bike Extravaganza
The MTBX racing team proudly took home two first place medals in this competitive event. MTBX Racing Team was proud to have competed in their first race in April 2021 at the regional Exchequer Mountain Bike Extravaganza near La Grange, California. Exchequer is a 2 day racing event weekend that includes cross country (XC) and enduro. The XC race included 10-mile course with approximately 1600 feet of elevation gain. The enduro was a three stage downhill competition.
First place Enduro – Coach Erik Werner!
First Place Enduro – Jessie Slafsky!
Check out our 1st place medals for MTBX!
Team Coach Lukas Swidler and Christian Tafoya raced hard for MTBX!