MTBX offers the amazing opportunity to experience Summer Overnight Mountain Biking Camps! The camp includes daily rides and camping outdoors during the summer. The camp locations for this summer include beautiful and unique settings with amazing mountain biking trails and natural beauty in southern California. Contact us for more information!
All participants must fill out an online application to be considered for MTBX Overnight Camp.
About MTBX Overnight Camp
Details and Participation
- MTBX Summer Overnight Mountain Biking Camp is planned, organized and supervised by the Director and Staff who have extensive experience camping and riding in all of MTBX overnight camp locations in California
- Overnight Camp is designed for groups of advanced riders ages 10 to 15 who love to mountain bike and want to challenge themselves physically as they explore exciting new trails and camp in the great outdoors.
- Riders must have participated in a minimum of one week of summer camp or a private ride prior, in order to qualify for an Overnight camp.
- Campers must be very confident and comfortable camping outdoors, away from home in tents in outdoor settings.
Contact us for more information
- Camp Location: Southern California
- Dates: Last week of July and first week of August, 6 days of all inclusive overnight camp.
- Departure Time and Location: Campers depart at 9 am on the day of departure and return by 3 pm of the day of return. Drop off/ pick up is in the Palo Alto area and will be advised on registration.
- Meals: All inclusive – 3 meals daily, eaten in local restaurants en route to riding locations as needed and cooked at the campsite plus water, beverages and snacks. All food is provided and prepared meals are cooked outdoors during camp by the MTBX Staff and participants.
- Daily Camp Schedule: Includes preparing and cooking daily meals outdoor as a group, transportation to daily group trail rides and/or local jump parks and other group activities. Campers will relax by the camp fires under the stars and sleep outdoors in tents at the campsite.
- Fees: Contact us for pricing information.
- Outdoor Camping: Personal sleeping gear is required. 1-2 person tent, sleeping pad, sleeping bag and pillow.
- Riding Trails: Many trails selected are full day rides. They can last up to 5-8 hours on the trail ranging from 8 – 20 miles and 2,000 – 3,500 feet elevation gain. Shorter rides are also scheduled with activities so that no one gets burnt out.
- Some Other Activities: Additional outdoor activities include: jump parks, swimming, etc.
- Gear: Riders will need their own warm sleeping bag, a tent if they prefer to sleep solo, rain gear, outdoor clothing, other clothing appropriate to riding in the location and according to expected weather conditions.
- What To Bring: Riders will need their own mountain bike, helmet, and riding gear plus appropriate clothing for the weather at the time of the camp.
- MTBX Camping List: What to bring for overnight mountain biking camps is provided to all riders.