Overnight Mountain Biking Camps – Summer 2021
MTBX offers the amazing opportunity to experience overnight mountain biking camps! These camps include daily rides and camping outdoors during the summer. Our camps are located in beautiful and unique settings with amazing mountain biking trails and natural beauty in northern California at Tahoe National Forest near Lake Tahoe California. Contact us for more information!
About Overnight Mountain Biking Camps
- Participants must be at an intermediate or advanced level in their mountain biking skills to participate in this overnight program.
- Riders must also have participated in a minimum of one week of summer camp or a private ride prior in order to qualify for an overnight camp.
- Campers must also be very confident and comfortable camping outdoors, away from home and camping in tents in rugged outdoor settings.
- There is a 4 camper minimum and 10 camper maximum per camp.
- MTBX overnight camps are in northern California and are designed for advanced mountain biking riders ages 10 and up and who are approved for participation by the Director. Apply here for overnight camps.
Dates For Overnight Summer Mountain Biking Camps 2021
5 Day Overnight MTBX Camp – Advanced Riders Only
Tahoe National Forest, Lake Tahoe, CA Area.
- Camp Location: Lake Tahoe National Forest, Lake Tahoe, CA area.
- Dates: Monday July 26 to Friday July 30, 2021.
- Campground Site: Goose Meadows Campground, Tahoe National Forest near Truckee, CA-89, Truckee, CA.
- Cost: $675 per rider.
- Includes: Transportation to and from the location.
- Meals: Fee includes 3 meals daily, cooked at the campsite, water, beverages and snacks.
- Tahoe Area Trails: Many trails in Tahoe are full day rides. They can last up to 5-8 hours on the trail ranging from 8 – 20 miles and 2,000 – 3,500 feet elevation gain.
- Shorter rides are also scheduled with activities so that no one gets burnt out.
- Additional outdoor activities include: swimming, hiking, camp type group games, etc.
- Trail rides for this Tahoe camp may include any of the following locations:
- Hole in the ground
- Mr. Toads
- Truckee Bike Park
- Rim Trail
- Flume Trail
- Supervision: Expert camp and trail supervision is provided by the experienced MTBX Director and staff.
- Departure Time and Location: Campers depart about 10 am on Monday and return by about 10 pm on Friday. The location of departure is in the Palo Alto area for drop off and pick up and will be advised on registration.
About MTBX Overnight Summer Mountain Biking Camps
- MTBX overnights mountain biking camps are organized and supervised by the Director and staff who have previously mountain biked extensively and camped in all of MTBX overnight camp locations.
- The camp schedule will include MTBX preparing and cooking daily meals outdoor as a group, transportation to daily group Trail rides and local activities. This includes swimming in natural rivers and lakes, hiking, relaxing by camp fires under the stars and sleeping outdoors in tents at a campsites.
- Overnight camps are designed for small groups of advanced riders who love to mountain bike, and want to challenge themselves physically as they explore exciting new trails and camp in the great outdoors!
- What To Bring: Riders will need their own mountain bike, helmet, and riding gear plus appropriate clothing for the weather at the time of the camp. A detailed MTBX Camping List of what to bring for overnight mountain biking camps is also provided to all riders.
- Gear: Riders will need their own warm sleeping bag, a tent if they prefer to sleep solo, rain gear, outdoor clothing, other clothing appropriate to riding in the location and according to expected weather conditions.
- Meals: All food is provided and meals are prepared and cooked outdoors during camp by the participants. For the 3 day weekend camps, dinner on the first night while traveling to the destination is purchased from a restaurant.
- Outdoor Camping: Tents for sleeping in small groups are provided. Those who wish to sleep in their own tent must provide their own 1-2 person tent.
- Supervision: This event is supervised directly by the experienced MTBX Director and staff who have ridden and camped in these locations prior.
Photos from Tahoe National Forest Overnight Camp
Lake Tahoe area in California, July 2020.
Photos from Stanislaus National Forest Camp
Yosemite area in California, August 2020